What We Did
The project consists of three main activities over a period of 5 months: Experiment design, iterative field prototyping and finalization.
Before going to the field we planned and did several preparations of the experiment that are going to be prototyped and tested in the field. In this phase, we had several activities from desk and initial research to stakeholder interviews to ideation workshop and collaboration working session & research planning.
Desk & Initial Research
On top of getting a download on past research, we did a service safari and several intercepts to better understand the product and current state. The data gathered were mapped as initial hypotheses.
We interviewed several internal stakeholders to better understand the vision, goal and expectations.
A one-day workshop with the stakeholders to brainstorm possible problems and solutions and to prioritize ideas.
Collaborative Working Session & Research Planning
We planned further the selected ideas to be prototyped in the field together with the client core team. The planning includes methods, scheduling, materials and technical needs for the prototyping.
- Research Plan: Detail day by day planning for the iterative field prototyping including schedule, location and resources needed.
- Experiment methods and materials: Developed selected ideas to be tested in the field.
Iterative Field Prototyping
We did 3 iteration rounds in 3 different cities in Indonesia which has the same sequential activities: recruitment – socialization – tracking – in-depth interviews – mini synthesis.
Identifying possible target users and its criteria that are suitable for the service.
We run the service prototyping in the field using different methods and media for a couple of days.
We tracked the result and performance to see the effectiveness of the methods that are tested.
We observe and interview several customers with different profiles from the socialization to understand deeper their motivations and barriers. We also test several concepts to see their response and collect feedback on the possible solutions.
At the end of every iteration round we did synthesis to map the data and capture insights. Afterward, the results from the synthesis is used to improve the iteration in the next round including the methods, IDI and concepts.
- Behavioural insights: identify customer behaviours to understand the customer needs, see opportunities and better directions.
- Iterated experiment, IDI and concepts: improved methods and materials in each iteration round.
- Data log, tracking result and conversion rate: collected data from the service prototyping and tracking including customer profile and usage history to evaluate the conversion rate and usage behaviors.
After 3 rounds of iteration in the field, we extracted the results and did a co-design workshop with the stakeholders to refine the concepts for the implementation.