We are seeking a Design Researcher with a strong set of user research skills and design background to join our studio in Indonesia, Jakarta.
If you are a curious researcher with a solid design research portfolio and a passion for uncovering insights about customers and translating these into thoughtful and meaningful solutions to improve human experiences, you might be who we are looking for!
As part of the Somia Customer Experience team, you will:
- Enjoy great opportunities to explore new experiences in the field of Design Research.
- Have the chance to create the mark and make a difference to the UX / CX scene in Indonesia (not to mention overseas projects!)
- Work with the team in Jakarta, Bali, and Singapore.
- Be based in Jakarta, but have the flexibility to work from Bali to recharge and get creative inspirations.
Please send your resume along with work samples/portfolio (<5MB) or a link to it to:
As a design researcher, you will work with the team on strategic and design projects.
- Plan and conduct user research, such as field ethnography, usability testing, heuristics evaluation, group discussion, co-creation, diary study, etc.
- Synthesize research result to derive meaningful insights and imperatives that will drive the strategy and design solutions
- Lead and participate in brainstorming and innovation workshops internally and with clients.
- Crafting research insight frameworks and deliverables, such as: design personas/behavioral archetypes, usage scenarios, storyboards, customer experience blueprint, experience design principles.
- Together with the lead, come up with innovative experience solutions for all customer touch points across the experience journey, may it be in a form of physical, digital, or service experiences.
- Work closely with the design and technical team to ensure design solutions are user friendly, enjoyable to use, and meaningful.
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting user or market research projects, in close collaboration with design or product teams.
- Strong moderation skills.
- Have relevant education in design major, social science, communication, anthropology, or professional equivalent.
- Love observing people and comfortable in having conversations with new people on just about anything, to uncover their stories and values.
- Constantly curious, and great at spotting patterns and making connections between seemingly unrelated data, and transforming them into meaningful and actionable insights and opportunities.
- Strong presentation and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Have impeccable storytelling ability to present research insights to inspire people.
- Creative, constantly coming up with ideas and solutions to make things better. Eager to explore new things and stay up to date with the latest design and technology trends.
- Team player: Be successful and just as happy to make others successful too.
- Have strong self initiatives, able to work independently, and take ownership for the work.
- Flexible and open to input and feedback, and learn from failure.
- Currently a remote position but willing to relocate to Jakarta once covid situation has improved.