What We Did
We went through two months of research divided into two main phases.
Phase 1: Exploratory Research
We ran field research in 20 locations in Jambi, North Sulawesi and Central Java. During the field research, we conducted 16 intercepts and 16 in-depth interviews with different stakeholders (logistic, local/ village business entity, village officials) and different scale of target customers (small, medium and big reseller) to figure out their needs and pain points.
- Key insights: Main insights found from the field research helped us to capture target customer behavioural traits and to have a deeper understanding of the existing ecosystem conditions.
- Customer segmentation: We were able to identify different types of target customers with different needs and behaviours. The segmentation was very helpful to map the opportunities and strategy needed for different segments.
- Competitor mapping: Mapping existing competitors was critical as it reveals the strategies of competitors and it became obvious how we should position ourselves when entering the market.
- Product & service strategy: From the insights, we helped the client to come up with a strategy that consists clearly of value proposition, product offering, customer experience and product roadmap to enter the market with confidence.
Phase 2: Service Evaluation
The second phase was conducted a few months after the product was launched in the market. In this phase, we are focused on the service evaluation and to identify areas for improvements. We did immersive research in four areas in Central Java by interviewing different stakeholders, went for store and home visits, field observation and intercepts.
- Value proposition: Value constellations that visually illustrated user’s pain points and we could easily make recommendations of possible solutions.
- Customer journey and service flow: Through this second round of research, we evaluated and made tangible recommendations on how to improve the customer journey and service flow.
- Business insights: We uncovered more business insights by inviting different stakeholders. This helps us better understand their business needs and to make recommendations based on the new findings too.