We are seeking a User Researcher & Strategist (mid – senior level) with a strong set of user research skills and design background to join our studio in Indonesia, Jakarta.
If you are a curious researcher with a strong qualitative research portfolio and a passion for uncovering insights about customers and translating these into thoughtful and meaningful solutions to improve human experiences and create business impacts, you might be who we are looking for!
As a user researcher, you will work with the team on strategic and design projects.
- Plan and conduct user research, such as field ethnography, competitive study, usability testing, heuristics evaluation, group discussion, co-creation, diary study, trends analysis, etc.
- Synthesize research result to derive meaningful insights, opportunity areas, and design guiding principles that will drive the business / product strategy and design solutions
- Lead and participate in brainstorming and innovation workshops internally and with client.
- Create design personas, concepts, usage scenarios, storyboards, customer experience blueprint.
- Develop strategic direction and innovation portfolio rooted on strong customer insights, business understanding, technical capabilities, competitive landscape, and trends
- Come up with innovative experience solutions for all customer touch points across the experience journey, may it be in a form of physical, digital, space, or service experiences.
- Work closely with the design and technical team to ensure design solutions are user friendly, enjoyable to use, and meaningful.
As part of the Somia Customer Experience team, you will:
- Get great opportunities to explore new things in the field of UX / CX, with possibilities to travel to different parts of Indonesia or the region to conduct research projects.
- Work closely with the team in Jakarta, Bali, and Singapore.
- Be based in Jakarta, but have the flexibility to work from Bali to recharge and get creative inspirations, or from Singapore and the region to get international exposure.
- Have unlimited and responsible vacation
- At least two years experience leading and conducting qualitative research, with strong understanding of local nuances and culture
- Have relevant education in research, anthropology, psychology, design, human-computer interaction, business, or professional equivalent.
- Love observing people and have the ability to establish conversations with new people on just about anything, to uncover their stories and values.
- Constantly curious, great at spotting patterns and making connections between seemingly unrelated data, and transforming them into meaningful and actionable insights and opportunities.
- Strong presentation and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Have impeccable storytelling ability to present research insights to inspire people.
- Creative, constantly coming up with ideas and solutions to make things better. Eager to explore new things and stay up to date with latest news, design and technology trends.
- Team player, have high collaboration spirit.
- Have strong self initiatives, can work independently, and take ownership for the work.
- Flexible and open to input and feedback, and learn from failure.
About Somia Customer Experience
We are experience design consultancy based in Indonesia and Singapore, serving international and local clients. We help brands and companies deliver meaningful, user-friendly, and enjoyable experiences for their customers. Our approach is insights-led, using real customer insights to drive creative and innovative design solutions that create effective business impacts. We approach experience design holistically, connecting various touch points from digital, physical, space, to service experiences.
Since established in 2012, we have helped numerous companies to research, design, and deliver experiences that delight their customers. Some of our clients are Mandiri Bank, BRI, BCA, OCBC NISP, Electrolux, Uber, Google, and Kohler
How to Apply:
Please send your resume along with work samples (<5MB) or a link to your portfolio to:
None, we’re looking for the right fit.