We are seeking a Senior User Researcher with a strong set of user research skills and design background to join our studio in Indonesia, Jakarta.
If you are a curious researcher with a strong design research portfolio and a passion for uncovering insights about customers and translating these into thoughtful and meaningful solutions to improve human experiences, you might be who we are looking for!
Please send your resume along with work samples (<5MB) or a link to your portfolio to email@example.com
As a Senior User Researcher, you will work with the team on strategic and design projects.
- Plan and conduct user research, such as field ethnography, usability testing, heuristics evaluation, group discussion, co-creation, diary study, etc.
- Synthesize research result to derive meaningful insights and imperatives that will drive the strategy and design solutions
- Lead and participate in brainstorming and innovation workshops internally and with the client.
- Create design personas, usage scenarios, storyboards, customer experience blueprint, experience principles.
- Together with the designers, come up with innovative experience solutions for all customer touch points across the experience journey, may it be in a form of physical, digital, or service experiences.
- Work closely with the design and technical team to ensure design solutions are user friendly, enjoyable to use, and meaningful.
- Lead and guide the junior team members in communications, methods, management, etc,.
As part of the Somia Customer Experience team, you will:
- Enjoy great opportunities to explore new experiences in the field of Design Research.
- Get to travel to different parts of Indonesia or region to conduct research projects.
- Have the chance to create the mark and make a difference to the UX / CX scene in Indonesia (and overseas projects)
- Work with the team in Jakarta, Bali, and Singapore.
- Be based in Jakarta, but have the flexibility to work from Bali to recharge and get creative inspirations, or from Singapore and the region to get international exposure.
- At least five years experience leading and conducting user research, in close collaboration with design teams.
- Have relevant education in design major, human-computer interaction, anthropology, or professional equivalent.
- Love observing people and able to have conversation with new people on just about anything, to uncover their stories and values.
- Constantly curious, and great at spotting patterns and making connections between seemingly unrelated data, and transforming them into meaningful and actionable insights and opportunities.
- Strong presentation and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia. Have impeccable storytelling ability to present research insights to inspire people.
- Creative, constantly coming up with ideas and solutions to make things better. Eager to explore new things and stay up to date with latest design and technology trends.
- Team player, have the desire to make others successful too.
- Have strong self initiatives, able to work independently, and take ownership for the work.
- Flexible and open to input and feedback, and learn from failure.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume along with work samples (<5MB) or a link to your portfolio to:
none, we are looking for the right fit